"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - O.W.

Current Study

Current Sub-Studies

Areas of Interest:
> literature, trauma, and ethics
> science fiction and alternate history
> 20th and 21st century literature
> capitalism and the anthropocene
> history and literature of science
> comics and graphic novels
> science communication

12 September 2010

What is this?

What Is This?
This blog is a diary. It's an online record of my research, beginning in the September of my Ph.D's second year and continuing until I tire/forget about the blog and it gathers e-dust.

Why Bother?
Whilst I already have an electronic presence on the internet that I can direct people to (see my Academia profile) it is a very formal and turgid profile and behaves more like an online (very empty at the moment) CV than a record. I will continue to use my Academia page but it will only receive updates when something is completed (a review, a paper, a talk) wheras this blog will allow me to record the progress, and if someone other than myself is reading this, possible get feedback, communicate, and connect with like minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment