"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - O.W.

Current Study

Current Sub-Studies

Areas of Interest:
> literature, trauma, and ethics
> science fiction and alternate history
> 20th and 21st century literature
> capitalism and the anthropocene
> history and literature of science
> comics and graphic novels
> science communication

18 September 2010

The small force that it takes to launch a boat into the stream should not be confused with the force of the stream that carries it along

- Friedrich Nietzsche

And so I have opened this blog to the wider world. Tomorrow (or is that today?) I will begin commenting on my research on this blog. As it's still early days expect to see a lot of things moving around and changing as I settle in, the list of link on the right is sure to grow for example.


I have nothing else to say tonight other than explain the Nietzsche quote - It was an easy thing to create this blog, to design it and fill it with pretty colours and a half-relevant background. Adding to it, maintaining it, filling it with my academic process, that's the hard bit. I've created many projects similar to this and normally I have nothing to say. By keeping this blog academically(-ish) focused I should be guaranteeing at least four more years of material, Monday is after all the official start of term for my second Ph.D year.


Onwards and Upwards.


On a related note - I paid the first installment of my new tuition fees today, ouch. That's all I'll say on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment